When it comes to digital currencies security is one of the most important things. Coinbase is consider as an exchange which takes the security very seriously. In those security measures, Coinbase 2 Step verification is one of them. In this article, we are going to discuss the importance of the 2 step verification and how it is done?
2 Step Verification
There are many people on the coinbase who want to scam the people and steal their money. For this coinbase is using the 2 step verification process. In this, there is 2 verification process back to back which is done to verify someone requesting the access is who they are claiming to be.
You should not confuse the 2 step verification with the 2 Factor authentications as they are an entirely different thing. These things might seem synonymous but they are entirely different.
Coinbase 2 Step Verification Importance
You might think that getting 2 step verification has nothing to do with the security but you are wrong. By doing this you can have the benefits you might not know are important for the security of your account. Some of those benefits are discusse below:
- By doing this you will be securing all the information in your account from being access by others.
- Proves that you are an authentic user, this will help you in doing the trade easily.
- You can check the person you are trading is a genuine one or a fraud.
- Will help you from getting conned by the people and losing the money to them.
These points prove that getting your coinbase account 2 step verification is very important if you want to trade safely.
How to get Coinbase 2 Step Verification?
If you worry that getting your 2 Step Verification is difficult then you should not. It’s similar to the verification process you do on the banking website.
You have to follow these simple steps to get you to account verify and trade securely:
- Download the coinbase application on your phone and sign in your account.
- Now you have to start the 2 step verification process by enabling it from your phone or personal computer from where you are using your account.
- Once you do that you will get the message from the coinbase asking you to enter the QR code that pairs with your authentication application and coinbase account. Make sure to save the code in a safe place.
- Now go to the application menu and scan the QR code you receive previously.
- You have to click on the coinbase from the list of application to get the one time password.
- Enter that OTP in your coinbase application.
Now you have done the 2 step verification process. Now you can trade from the coinbase account safely.
If you are a coinbase user then this is the Coinbase 2 Step Verification process. By using this you will be saving your account from the problems you might have to face in the future. We hope that you found this article to be informative and clear all the doubts regarding the 2 Step Verification process.